Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wintergarden Park

Today we explored Wintergarden Park. It was a wonderful day to be outdoors and exploring the park. We learned many things about the great Black Swamp and the settling of Bowling Green. We saw some of the savanahs and the tall grass prairies. Would you have liked to have been one of the first settlers in the area? What would you have done with the mosquitos and the wild wolves? What thing impressed you most? It was a great day! Hope you have an excellent night!


5 comments:

  1. It's really difficult to live over there in black swamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I think it would have been very difficult to have lived during this period of time. What do you think would have been the most difficult aspect of living in the Black Swamp?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the first few families that lived there had a hard time surviving. They had to supply food, and moving to different places was very hard because of the mud, and aqueous conditions of the ground. Furthermore, there were many wild animals like wolves in the area that are murderous animals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I lived in the Black Swamp 100 years ago, I definitely couldn't endure the hardship and certainly would yield to the greatness of nature. If I couldn't avoid living there, I would use smoke to get rid of the mosquitos and use a gun to kill the wolves to protect our family. The most of impressed thing was that people lived in the miserable situation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never try to explore a swamp. I rather explore a more sunny area such as Florida or California. I saw the movie dances with wolves and I think this guy, played by Kevin Costner, did a great job exploring the frontier, and making friends with the native Americans.
    But I have great respect for the people who managed to explore the great black swamp.

    ReplyDelete